There are so many uses for bright tape in the classroom. Colorful tape is by far the best for multipurposes because you can use them to color code items and help with classroom organization. You don’t have to be a crafty teacher to do these hacks. Practical uses for different types of tape for the classroom are organizing your Chromebooks and iPads, marking off desks and chairs for physical distancing, sectioning your whiteboard, and decorating the classroom with some color.
I love to find awesome classroom organization ideas. As an Amazon affiliate, I may earn a commission for purchases using my links. Learn more. The ideas and paid links below are based on Amazon finds that are interesting colored tape classroom hacks.
- Organizing your classroom devices: Use colored masking tape (#ad) in your classroom to organize your laptop cart.
- Use bright colored floor tape as markers to keep student desks distanced at specified measurements apart. Students just have to look down and adjust their tables. See a similar idea for taping around the desk area in this blog post about the new normal in classrooms.
- Use tape to divide long tables: For students that have to share a table, use colored masking tape to split the table top in half for students to have a clearly defined working area for themselves.
- For math: This teacher used neon Gaffer tape (#ad) for teaching. Her students made angle art.
- To add some color to your classroom walls: This teacher put different colors of polka dot tape (#ad) around her windows to make them pop.
- Decorate your classroom door with tape art (#ad).
- Have neon on black cupboards: This style is great for a chalkboard themed classroom. Cover your classroom cupboards in black contact paper, then line the edges with colored tape. This tape collection is available on Amazon at a good price. You can even get your bulletin boards to match this theme. I put together some ideas for some neon-on-black classroom decor ideas in this chalkboard classroom decor blog post.
I also like washi tape and created a list of some washi tape classroom ideas in this blogpost.